Modern operating systems do an outstanding job of protecting against malware and viruses. But the world of malicious software is a rapidly evolving one, and now random acts of destruction that were once the goal of viruses have been replaced with identity theft, phishing, ransomware, and intercepting internet traffic.
This fast-changing landscape is hard for OS makers to keep up with, as pushing patches for every malware attack – especially those that aren’t related to an underlying bug in the platform – is not really feasible.
This is where antivirus software – which, these days, encompass much more than real-time protection against viruses and adds features such as password management, VPN, firewall, parental controls, internet security, and protection against identity theft – comes into play.
There’s a lot to like about Kaspersky Total Security. At the top of the list is a near-perfect malware and virus detection score along with minimal impact on system performance. Kaspersky Total Security keeps running in the background and monitors all system movements in real time.
Then there’s the five-device license that you get with a yearly subscription that covers Windows, Mac, iPhone and iPad, and Android devices. This is a great benefit in that you don’t need to spend extra money or go through a different learning curve on each platform.
Kaspersky Total Security is also fully-featured and comes with a huge range of features:
- Blocks viruses, cryptolockers, and other threats
- Protects payments
- Secures passwords and images of personal documents
- Encrypts data you send & receive online with a built-in VPN (200MB/day/device)
- Stops webcam spies watching you in your home
- Advanced parental controls
Bitdefender Total Security 2020 is a great package for people with a lot of devices to protect because a single license covers five devices, ranging from PCs and Macs, to iOS and Android devices. This offers great value for money and means less messing about with different solutions.
Bitdefender Total Security 2020 is also packed with features:
- Unbeatable threat detection to stop sophisticated malware
- Multi-layer ransomware protection to keep your files safe
- Secure VPN for complete online privacy, 200MB/day/device
- Advanced parental controls to keep your kids safe online
- Minimal impact on your system performance
Norton 360 Deluxe is a one-size-fits-all package for those looking to protect up to five PCs, Macs, or iOS and Android devices for a year’s subscription.
Norton 360 Deluxe includes:
- Multi-layered, advanced security helps protect against existing and emerging malware threats to your devices
- Browse anonymously and securely with a no-log VPN
- Dark Web monitoring that will notify users if personal information is discovered
- Password manager
- Parental controls
- SafeCam webcam security
- And 50GB of cloud storage for users ( which is a great way to backup precious and irreplaceable files ).
The perfect solution for someone looking for a lightweight and basic anti-malware package. Kaspersky Free Antivirus now includes more advanced features, like:
- Secure VPN
- Password management
- Personalized security alerts
- Account check
Kaspersky Free Antivirus is compatible with Windows, Android and IOS.
Built into Windows so there’s nothing to download, Microsoft Windows Defender is free and offers real-time protection with no fuss, hassles, or subscriptions to renew.
Microsoft Windows Defender offers:
- Realtime protection, as well as the ability to scan files and folders
- Updates delivered via the cloud
- Ransomware protection
- Parental controls
This is a software build for Macs by a company that understands the platform.
The package includes VirusBarrier X9. with real time protection from virus and malware, as well as a scanner, and the NetBarrier X9 firewall, which protects against network and internet intrusion.
A license covers a single Mac.
If you want to protect another separate Windows system, you must pay extra $10
Protection for your iPhone that goes much further than malware.
Avira Mobile Security protects your phone, It has several features:
- VPN: Secure your connection with a simple push of a button for complete privacy as you surf
- Web Protection: Blocks phishing, malware, spam, and fraud so you can browse freely and safely
- Identity Safeguard: Find out if your email addresses have been hacked and schedule the frequency (once a day/week/month) to check whether they were leaked online in a security breach
- Anti-Theft: Find, track, and recover your iPhone or iPad if it’s lost or stolen, and lock apps to prevent unauthorized access, and remotely wipe your device
- Call Blocker: Create your own blacklist and block spam and other unwanted calls and texts
- Contacts Backup: Easily backup and restore contacts straight from your phone and send them to your email, Dropbox, or Google Drive
- Network Scanner: Discover all devices connected to your Wi-Fi
Avira Mobile Security for iOS is free with in-app purchases.
With more than 100 million installs, Avast Mobile Security and Antivirus provides much more than just antivirus protection. Other features include:
- Antivirus Engine
- App Lock
- Photo Vault
- VPN (virtual private network)
- Power Save
- Privacy Permissions
- RAM Boost
- Junk Cleaner
- Web Shield
- Wi-Fi Security
- App Insights
- Virus Cleaner
- Wi-Fi Speed Test
Avast Antivirus for Android is free with in-app purchases.
How can I choose the best antivirus?
Choosing the proper antivirus software system package for you mean that knowing your wants. For many, a straightforward free package that handles the fundamentals is ok, whereas others like a lot of in-depth protection. Packages like Kaspersky Total Security, Bit defender Total Security 2020, or Norton 360 Deluxe area unit nice for those with multiple devices running totally different platforms, and UN agency desire a one-stop-shop that covers everything with one license.
These packages do rather more than supply protection against malware, and add essential security measures like parole managers, file shredders, ransomware protection, VPNs, parental controls, and far a lot of. Most of those security suite manufacturers supply a free trial, and it’d be an honest plan to create use of this, thus you’ll see whether the software system fits in along with your advancement.
Some folks will realize the manner that bound packages deliver security data annoying, whereas others need it to be creaky and informing them of everything that happens. This additionally permits you to seek out for yourself what the performance hit of running the software system is like. For Windows users UN agency don’t need to tarry with subscriptions or risk their protection running out at some purpose,
I think that Microsoft Windows Defender is the good answer. Whatever you decide on, i like to recommend that you just transfer from a reputable supply — either the official website or a political candidate transfer supply like Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Shady third-party sites area unit area to select up malware from!